Monday, August 10, 2009

Glimpses into my mind...

......................................................................................................
Glittering, swirling, dancing in the sea, everyone can see but nobody can know. Mine is blue and yours is green. No one truly knows what we really are behind the colors. They hid us from others, I cannot see you, and you cannot see me. This brittle idea of who we are, is it truly us?
......................................................................................................
Can you see me? I can see you. But I am not here. You cannot see me. I am tucked away where you cannot go. I hide you from the face of all. Who am I? Don't you know? I am a singer, a dancer, a musician, a friend. I am a painter, a sculptor, a photographer, a friend. I am an actor, a composer, a writer, a friend.
Do you know who I am? Can you know who I am? I am a coat of many colors, a box of many crayons, a crystal with many sides. You stand with your back to the world, do you really think that you can know me?
......................................................................................................
The air buzzed with nervous energy. Butterflies fluttered through my stomach. The lights dimmed and the noise of the crowd was hushed. The introduction was given and the stage went black. Bells rand and with anticipation I counted them. Then I began to sing...the night had begun at last.
~based on my experiences during "the sound of music" at my school.~
......................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment